The Building High Quality Java Workshop helps teams understand and address the challenges of building high-quality software by providing a foundation in a multitude of quality management methods that can be used throughout the software development lifecycle.
If you experience any of the following, this workshop is for you:
- fear of changing code
- Alice can’t change X because Bob is the only one who knows that area, or worse — ‘owns’ it
- Alice is afraid to fix Y because it’s unclear what the impact will be
- long ‘regression test’ times or high effort
- difficulty adding members to the development team
- frequently shipping defects that impact more than 1% of customers
Attendees will leave with:
- understanding of why team-based delivery and automated testing are important
- knowledge of quality methods and fit by phase of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- ability to:
- inspect code for problems and share with colleagues
- write unit tests for new and existing Java classes
- enhance power of automated tests with parameterized and/or generated data
- write api tests for a deployed application
- how to use social processes such as retrospectives and code review to:
- share knowledge
- change team culture
The workshop is typically delivered in a 2-day format with the following agenda (1-day format available):
|Day 1||Day 2|
The practical sections will be taught from the QualiMente quality-exercises-java repository as well as your own code.
Scheduling a Workshop
To schedule a training workshop for your team, please complete the contact form below and we will find a time and place that is convenient.
The Quality workshop is highly interactive and we recommend:
- sending pairs of engineers from a team to encourage shared context and peer support when returning to work
- a workshop size of 4-8 engineers; if you have fewer engineers please contact us and we will adjust delivery options
- working proficiency in Java
Workshops may be conducted on-site at your team’s location or at a QualiMente-provided training center. QualiMente is based in the Phoenix, Arizona metropolitan area and consultants are available for travel within the United States.
2-day, on-site workshop in Phoenix, AZ: $9,500
Cost of travel and training centers will be quoted when requested by the client. Discounts are available when booking multiple workshops or additional training on advanced content.
Learn DevOps & Cloud Practices
Learn how to design, build, and operate systems in the Cloud one day and concept at a time. Receive #NoDrama articles in your inbox whenever they are published. Reply to Stephen and the QualiMente team when you want to dig deeper into a topic.